Duct Cleaning for residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. These resources apply to projects that remove residue buildup and Improve indoor airflow quality. Precision Environmental works closely with property managers, facility managers, plant managers and engineers to deliver results on tough air duct cleaning jobs. We take facility maintenance burdens off your plate and streamline the process, so you can focus on business. We’re on call 24/7 with rapid response teams.
Air Duct Cleaning Services
- Duct cleaning provide important benefits:
- Removing unhealthy residue buildup
- Minimizing fire hazards
- Reducing the risk of duct collapse
- Improving indoor air flow and air quality
Our process begins with:
The whole cleaning process can be divided into 3 steps: inspection, duct cleaning, and final walk-through.
The air duct technician will inspect the air duct system. Checking all the access points to the duct work, assessing its condition by looking inside, and then decide which cleaning technique would be best in your case. After checking the duct work, the cleaning will begin.
2. Air Duct Cleaning Debris Removal.
Our technician will arrange the vacuum collection unit - it is important to create negative air pressure in the air ducts to make sure dust, dirt and other debris do not spread around the house or facility and get collected in to the vacuum collection unit. After setting this up, the technician will start agitating the walls of the duct work, taking out the pollutant like duct, dirt, pollen, bacteria and other pathogens.
3. Final Walk-through.
When the cleaning is done, another inspection of the air ducts is required to make sure nothing was missed and the ducts are thoroughly cleaned.
Layers of residue stick to the ducts, creating a number of problems:
- Flammable matter such as lint, oil or wood dust can be ignited by a nearby source of heat or sparks.
- Heavy accumulation of residue can clog the ducts, render the ducts ineffective at drawing air well, and even cause ductwork to collapse or fall down based on sheer weight.
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is an important cleaning services for facility directors and homeowners. Air duct cleaning means having all your duct system, including the supply, intake and return vents cleaned using professional air duct cleaning equipment.
The EPA Clean Air in Buildings The “Clean Air in Buildings Challenge” is a call to action and a set of guiding principles and best practices to assist building owners and operators with reducing risks from airborne viruses and other contaminants indoors. The Clean Air in Buildings Challenge highlights a range of recommendations and resources available for improving ventilation and indoor air quality, which can help to better protect the health of building occupants and reduce the risk of other pathogens.
National Institutes of Health, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and industrial hygienists all agree that duct cleaning (or, in some cases, duct replacement) is appropriate in the following circumstances:
- Permanent or persistent water damage in ducts.
- Slime or microbial growth observed in ducts.
- Debris build‐up in ducts that restricts airflow.
- Dust discharging from supply diffusers.
- Offensive odors originating in ductwork or HVAC components.
Duct cleaning professionals are always talking about the “stuff” building up in air ducts, circulating through your property and affecting your indoor air quality. Here’s an inside look at what they are referring to:
- Dust and Dust Mites
- Pet (and People!) Dander
- Mold, Mold Spores, and Mildew
- Fungi and Fungal Spores
- Disease-Carrying Rodents and Insects, Their Feces and Remains
- Bacteria and Viruses
- Tobacco Smoke By-Products and Other Chemical Pollutants
All of these allergens, growths, diseases, and pollutants can destroy your family’s health. Precision Environmental goal on every job is to ensure that you enjoy all of the benefits that coincide cleaner air duct system:
- Increased Energy Efficiency: When your ducts are clean, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to heat and cool your property.
- Odor Removal: Lingering odors that have become trapped in the ducts will be completely eliminated.
- Reduced Debris: Our services dramatically reduce the amount of dirt and debris that is lurking in your duct system, leaving your family with cleaner, pure air.
- Fewer Allergens: A professional cleaning of your ductwork will noticeably decrease the allergy triggers in your home.
Is There an Indoor Air Quality Issue in Your Property?
The following questions are designed to determine if you have issues in your property with indoor air pollution:
- Do you have an air circulating system?
- Do you have pets?
- Does anyone in your house suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Do you regularly clean excessive dust accumulations from your household furniture?
- Do you experience headaches, nausea, burning sensations in the nose, throat, or eyes when inside the building?
Health Symptoms of Dirty Air Ducts
If your family is experiencing any of the following symptoms, it could be a sign that you have dirty air ducts:
- Coughing or chronic coughing
- Sore throat or throat irritation
- Congested or runny nose
- Itchy or watery eyes (cold symptoms)
- Wheezing difficulty breathing
- Allergy worsens or attacks
- Low-grade fever
- Eczema, rashes, or hives
Lethargy and feeling generally “unwell” at home. These symptoms could be indicative of larger health concerns caused by dirty air ducts.
Worsen Pre-Existing Conditions, Such As Asthma, Allergies, and Pulmonary Conditions
Family members with asthma or allergies can suffer from dirty air vents as the allergens circulating throughout the indoor air trigger increased and longer attacks, making them sick. In addition, studies have shown that patients suffering from pulmonary health conditions saw their condition improve when their primary living space received regular air duct cleaning, revealing that dirty air ducts can worsen the condition of family members struggling with pulmonary health.
Develop Respiratory Infections
If your family is getting sick more than normal, experiencing coughing, sneezing, sore throats, runny noses, nasal congestion, headaches, and low-grade fevers, they may have upper respiratory infections as a result of dirty air ducts. If your air ducts remain uncleaned, these issues could develop into something worse–a lower respiratory infection such as bronchitis or pneumonia.
As bacteria and viruses circulate throughout your indoor air, they could be working their way into your family’s sinuses, which can lead to infection.
This same bacteria can affect more than just the sinuses, but the whole body and cause the common cold along with all of its symptoms.
Dry or Itchy Skin
The mold and mildew circulated throughout the air by dirty air ducts can worsen or lead to skin issues such as eczema, rashes, and hives.
Tired, Feel Unwell
As your family’s bodies fight off the bacteria in the air caused by dirty air ducts, kicking-on their immune systems, they may begin to feel tired, run-down, and generally unwell when they are at home.
Request a Duct Cleaning estimate contact us today!
Whether you are just gathering information or looking to have a comprehensive walk-through and estimate, we are here to help.