Protect Your health and property from Lead.
Precision Environmental is EPA Lead-Safe Certified and devoted to safe and proficient lead abatement services. Our Supervisors and Technicians are OSHA trained for the complete lead abatement process.
Lead paint is still present in millions of homes, sometimes under layers of newer paint. If the paint is in good shape, the lead paint is usually not a problem. Deteriorating lead-based paint (peeling, chipping, chalking, cracking, damaged, or damp) is a hazard and needs immediate attention.
Contact Precision Environmental a certified lead professional before beginning renovation, repair, or painting projects. Renovation, repair, or painting activities can create toxic lead dust when painted surfaces are disturbed or demolished.
Lead-based paint and lead-contaminated dust are some of the most widespread and hazardous sources of lead exposure for young children in the United States. Approximately 29 million homes and housing units have lead-based paint hazards including deteriorated paint and lead-contaminated house dust.
Where is Lead-Based Paint Found?
In general, the older your home or childcare facility, the more likely it has lead-based paint. Many homes, including private, federally assisted, federally owned housing, and childcare facilities have lead-containing paint.
Common locations lead is found:
• Windows and windowsills
• Doors and door frames
• Stairs, railings, banisters, and porches
• In homes and childcare facilities in the city, country, or suburbs
• In private and public single-family homes and apartments
• On surfaces inside and outside of the house
• In soil around a home. (Soil can pick up lead from exterior paint or other sources)
What to Expect?
During the Lead Abatement Process
- Removal: A variety of techniques are available, including abrasion and removal. Each incorporates special controls to guard against the spread of lead dust or fumes during the process. Disposal is accomplished in full accordance with all regulations.
- Stabilization: In some cases, stabilization provides an equally effective and less costly alternative to removal. Encapsulating coatings are available for both interior and exterior surfaces. They provide high resistance to weathering, vapor transmission, abrasion, and fire.
- Turnkey: After stripping operations, we repaint surfaces and replace any removed lead-painted components like doors, and windows. This provides a one turnkey operation.