Assisting Home and Business Owners with Structural Drying, Mold Remediation, Water Damage, and answering top questions surrounding building restoration services in Southern California and Arizona. We drive outcomes that keep our customers a step ahead in an emergency.
Water damage is an all too common issue for properties. When water damage occurs in a home, it’s likely that your walls and ceilings have been affected. This can be a serious problem for any property owner. Damage to home or business owners property can be quite a stressful experience. However, Precision Environmental is here to help you get back to normal as quickly as possible. We are a residential and commercial restoration company that offers experienced disaster recovery professionals who are fully prepared to give you peace of mind. We immediately take action to assist our clients. We are always on-site within 1 to 3 hours to kick start any type of Water Damage Project.
What Types of Water Damage Does Insurance Cover?
Generally, water damage that is considered “sudden and accidental” is covered (like a burst pipe) but not gradual damage, like a leaking bathroom sink. Water damage covered by insurance typically includes:
- Burst pipes. This might include a frozen pipe that bursts, but not if you neglected to keep the home properly heated.
- Accidental leaks, such as leaking plumbing or an appliance leak, like a broken washing machine or dishwasher.
- Water damage after a fire from water used to extinguish the flames, such as water from a sprinkler system or a hose from the fire department.
- Water damage from a roof leak, such as damage from a storm or a tree that falls on your roof.
- Water damage from storms, such as heavy rain or hail.
What Types of Water Damage Will Insurance Not Cover?
Here are some common problems that are typically not covered by a standard homeowners insurance policy:
- Water damage due to lack of maintenance or negligence, such as not repairing a plumbing problem or failing to keep the heat on during freezing temperatures.
- Water damage from intentional acts, like setting a fire to your home or purposely turning off the heat during the winter.
- Water damage from “earth movement” like an earthquake, landslide or mudslide. For example, if your pipe burst because of an earthquake, the water damage most likely won’t be covered. If you want coverage for earthquake damage, you’ll need to buy a separate earthquake insurance policy.
- Water damage that backs up through a sewer or drain (unless you purchased special coverage for this problem.)
- Water damage from leaks from a swimming pool or other structures.
- Water damage from seepage or leaks through a foundation.
- The cost to repair or replace the source of the water damage, like fixing a broken dishwasher or washing machine.
Homeowners insurance policies can significantly reduce the financial burden of home repairs. If you need to file a water damage claim with your insurance company, there are a number of crucial steps to take:
- Mitigate the damage by calling 800-375-7786 our 24/7 emergency hotline! Precision Environmental will jump start the structural drying process.
- Call your insurance company to report the damage
- Your insurer may recommend that Precision Environmental provides a detailed inspection to assess the damage
- Understand what your homeowners insurance policy covers, and how your deductible factors into your insurance claim. Ask questions if something is not clear.
Insurance generally covers mold caused by water damage if the water problem was covered by the policy, such as a burst pipe. Insurance won’t cover Mold caused by water damage from other issues, such as lack of maintenance, leaks from swimming pools, floods and earthquakes.
Why Insurance Providers Recommend Precision Environmental?
Award Winning Service Provider in the restoration industry. Precision Environmental will focus on restoring and rebuilding any property type while you can focus on the bigger picture.
Precision Environmental also offers:
- Quick response times, affordable, and efficient. We’ll assure a quick resolution that never compromises quality. We also offer standardized pricing and controlled loss ratios. Our experts will carefully assess the entire property and determine what can be restored and what needs to be replaced
- Localized services backed by 40 years of experience. Our teams have a deep familiarity with insurance processes, which will make it easier for you to process claims and make your policyholders happy. We also offer a preferred vendor program designed to deliver premium quality services that ensure customer satisfaction.
- Open communication. Precision Environmental team is available 24/7, every day of the year, to assist your policyholders with their restoration and reconstruction projects. We are always available to discuss the stage of the claims process with you at any time and are happy to answer any policyholders' questions. Your customers will appreciate our team's reassurances and confidence.
Structural Pasteurization (Drying) to the IICRC Standards of Heat Restoration
The IICRC Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation defines structural pasteurization as an engineered process in which high temperatures are introduced into a structure or portion of a structure for the purpose of reducing bio-organisms to acceptable levels without damage to the structure.
Structural Pasteurization is a logical solution for damp structures. Precision Environmental combines the processes of water damage restoration and structural pasteurization. This solution provides a dry structure and kills most of the contaminants responsible for health problems. Additionally, our process will reduce the VOCs and odors associated with water-damaged buildings by accelerating the off-gassing process. Pests such as dust mites, bed bugs, termites, and others are easily killed by structural pasteurization. Most allergens and protein-based toxins are also affected by the high temperatures of the structural pasteurization process.
- Heat Kills Mold
- Heat Kills Bacteria
- Heat Kills Viruses
- Heat Kills Insects
- Heat Reduces Odors
- Heat Reduces VOCs
Benefits of Drying with Structural Pasteurization
- Provides a faster and more efficient drying process to carpet, drywall, acoustic ceilings and insulation.
- Provides a more thorough and complete drying process through which building materials are restorable.
- Reduces business-loss interruption so tenants can reoccupy the building faster.
- Decreases the drying time of large open-air spaces and vaulted ceilings.
- Reduces secondary damage where building swelling and hardwood floors are not disposed.
- Stops potentially harmful microbial growth that amplifies in the presence of moisture.
- Increases building wellness because thorough heat drying procedures are able to benefit the wet building immediately.
Excessive moisture in structures, regardless of cause, is a significant problem for occupants, owners and managers. The National Academy of Science lists three basic problems associated with damp structures.
- Enhanced environment for dust mites, cockroaches, and other insects.
- Enhanced environment for the growth of mold, bacteria and other microbial agents.
- Degradation of building materials and furnishings. Dampness can also release chemicals and non-biologic particles that may be hazardous.
Water problems can manifest themselves in damage to the structure through rusting materials, rotting wood, and damage to other structural items and furnishings, but most significantly in adverse health effects for occupants.
Mold Information | Investigating Hidden Mold. You may suspect hidden mold if abuilding smells moldy, but you cannot see the source, or if you know there has been water damage and residents report health problems. Mold may be hidden in places such as the backside of drywall, wallpaper, or paneling, the top side of ceiling tiles, the underside of carpets and pads, etc. Other possible locations of hidden mold include areas inside walls around pipes (with leaking or condensing pipes), the surface of walls behind furniture (where condensation forms),inside ductwork, and in roof materials above ceiling tiles (due to roof leaks or insufficient insulation).
According to a recent study by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), 85% of commercial buildings experience excess moisture and water leaks. Precision Environmental can moisture map your facility to identify water hazards and repair any type of water damage, whether man-made or caused by disaster. By performing thorough water extraction, Precision Environmental helps to prevent mold growth and secondary water damage. We work with your insurance company to understand your policy and what is covered, limiting any surprises.